Yo Adrian, We Did Weekend Trivia!
Last weekend’s games of Pour House Trivia welcomed 53 teams across five venues.
Opening round topics from last weekend included the rock bands AC/DC, Anthrax, and Nirvana, the region of the world known as Tibet, emojis, and we finished the round with Martin Luther King Jr’s “I Have a Dream” Speech. Six teams began their game with a perfect first round score of 36 points.
Last weekend’s audio questions featured TV Themes on each night. Friday had our teams guessing about The Wonder Years while Saturday’s teams guessed the cop show theme, which were Miami Vice, Hill Street Blues, and NYPD Blue . Other second round topics included a three-clues question about magnolia, Ringo Starr, , the film Eat, Pray Love, and the planet of Jupiter and its moons. Three teams Slightly Agitated and Sexual Chocolate at (P. B. Dye Golf Course) and Turd Ferguson (Belles’) earned a perfect score during last weekend’s second round.
Topics from last weekend’s halftime pages included tv shows that included a question mark in their titles and celebrities whose names included either Martin, Luther, or King. Across the board, the overall average reached 17.6 points, with five teams earning a perfect score. Here is last weekend’s halftime leaderboard:
- Turd Ferguson (Belles’): 94
- Smarty Pants (Belles’): 92
- Cultured Heathens (Pretzel and Pizza Creations): 91
- Irish Beer Mafia (Pretzel and Pizza Creations): 90
- Quality Guesswork (Pretzel and Pizza Creations): 89
Our Third Round this weekend featured the topics that included the cocktail Rob Roy, a question about “The Day the Music Died,” where the answers were Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and the “Big Bopper”, the shared name of Robin Roberts, and a question about history where the answer was history. Our Saturday teams faced this difficult question is Round Three on World Geography.
- Among the three independent nations that comprise the region called “Scandinavia”, there is only one nation that shares a land border with just one single country. What is that country?
Only 20% of our teams earned their wager by knowing the answer here is Denmark.
Sexual Chocolate (P. B. Dye Golf Course) was the only team to earn a perfect score in Round Three.
Final round topics from last weekend included “Peter and the Wolf,” Ebola, the tv series The Sopranos, the chemical element Argon, and the literary work The Outsiders. Round Four also featured this difficult question on Friday night that stumped many of our teams on the topic of bodies of water.
- Containing many reefs such as The Great Barrier Reef, this subtropical sea is often hit by cyclones. What is that body of water?
Only about 35% of our teams knew this answer was the Coral Sea.
Slightly Agitated (P. B. Dye Golf Course) was the only team to earn a perfect score in Round Four.
After four rounds of play, the weekend leaderboard included these teams:
- Smarty Pants (Belles’): 161
- Sexual Chocolate (P. B. Dye Golf Course): 159
- Slightly Agitated (P. B. Dye Golf Course): 158
- Irish Beer Mafia (Pretzel and Pizza Creations): 157
- Demented and Sad but Social (Belles’): 154
FRIDAY’S FINAL QUESTION (21.7% success rate):
- In 2016, this performer became the sixth (and most recent) person to be nominated twice for an Academy Award for portraying the same character in two different films. The record distinction in this case is that the two films were released 39 years apart. Who is that performer?
SATURDAY FINAL QUESTION (13.3% success rate):
- Which nation that declared its independence in 1945 is nicknamed “The Emerald of the Equator”?
Two rather difficult final questions this weekend where the respective correct answers were Sylvester Stallone and Indonesia. Killer Snails (P. B. Dye Golf Course) was the only team to have earned a Perfect 21 by answering all 21 wagering questions correctly. Here is your final weekend leaderboard:
- Smarty Pants (Belles’): 167
- Killer Snails (P. B. Dye Golf Course): 164
- Quality Guesswork (Pretzel and Pizza Creations): 161
- Ten Swiss cheese (P. B. Dye Golf Course): 159
- Wigardium Mimosa (Mason Social): 154
- Irish Beer Mafia (Pretzel and Pizza Creations): 152
- Lone Strangers (Mason Social): 152
- That’s So Clavin (Pretzel and Pizza Creations): 151
- Cultured Heathens (Pretzel and Pizza Creations): 150
- Sexual Chocolate (P. B. Dye Golf Course): 147
Springfield Manor Winery in Thurmont, MD: NO GAME THIS WEEK (NEXT GAME ON MARCH 4 – FIRST CATEGORY: Magic)
P. B. Dye Golf Course in Ijamsville, MD: Ten Swiss cheese (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: The Rocky Horror Picture Show)
Dragon Distillery in Frederick, MD: NO GAME THIS WEEK ( FIRST CATEGORY ON JAN. 28: 1985 Chicago Bears)
Flying Ace Farm in Lovettsville, VA: T & A (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: 1980s Pop Music)
Belles’ Sports Bar in Frederick, MD: Smarty Pants (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Triple 50/50: New Edition or New Kids on the Block?)
Pretzel and Pizza Creations in Hagerstown, MD: Quality Guesswork (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: 2021 World Chess Championship)
Mason Social in Alexandria, VA: Wigardium Mimosa (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Homestar Runner)