Tuesday continued our run of gorgeous weather AND super competitive games of Pour House Pub Trivia!
I don’t want to jinx it, but that was TWO gorgeous days in a row!
I hope you got to enjoy the sunshine a little bit before you headed inside for some hot and heavy Pour House pub trivia action!
We took you around the world with tonight’s round of trivia:
- To Boston, to brush up on your river knowledge – The Charles, in case you missed it
- On down to Florida for the Daytona 500!
- From there, we got international – to France for the Bic company
- It was a quick trip down south for the face of a million T-Shirts, Che Guevara and his South American jaunt
- Then we hopped BACK across the pond to find out about the premier of “Whose Line is it, Anyway?” the Beatles asked us to “Drive [Their] Car” and we found the birthplace of Steve McQueen – one of them, anyway!
- Finally, after all that, we ended our evening in Cuba! Anyone want a cigar?
I don’t know if you’re exhausted, but that round-the-world trip took a lot out of me. Let’s hand it over to our hosts to see how the games went!
Champion Billiards – Frederick, MD
I’m impressed so many of you came in out of the beautiful day to play some trivia with me! As always, was a fun night and I am so thankful we didn’t have to show up in parkas and multi-layered sweaters tonight!
It was a interesting game, where Wham Bam Here We Am were contenders tonight! They hung in there in third all night, fighting off all comers! Second went to Thundercats who will come out swinging next week, and first went to the steady Jungle Fever clan.
Next week they want us to start out with the Simpsons so get your tv time in 😉 Enjoy the weather!
Cugini’s Restaurant – Poolesville, MD
Hollywood Casino – Perryville, MD
Jekyll & Hyde Tavern – Frederick, MD
Monkey La La – Frederick, MD
Ramparts Tavern – Alexandria, VA
A great game tonight from I Pity the Fool in the Rain, as they ran a wire-to-wire game and took down their second win of the season! Stamp Collectors took second with Fat, Drunk, and Stupid snagging third place on the tiebreaker. With more than 15 teams, we were also able to dole out some extra standings points for We’re Not Porn Stars anymore and Rocket Surgeons. On a side note, from now on, I promise to only write question about human actors. In the immortal words of Governor Rick Perry: “oops”. Can you believe it’s only two months until the World Series! It’s going to a great finish to Season IX. We’ll start next week with a question on New Mexico. See you then! ~ Matt