Thursday Trivia Wanted It That Way
Thursday’s game of Pour House Trivia welcomed 165 teams across 19 venues, including our return to Quinn’s in Rosslyn, VA.
Opening round topics from Thursday night included the following categories, Children’s Literature, Adapted from British TV, A Meaty Question, The “L” With It!
The first round of questions was no match for our stellar teams as we saw a very high percentage of correct answers.
Seventeen Thursday teams began their game with a perfect first round score of 36 points.
Thursday’s Second Round included the following categories, It’s Time for the Audio Clue (AUDIO), Reptiles, NFL Quarterbacks, International Landmarks, Adapted from British TV.
Once again our teams cruised thru the second round where over 85% of teams earned their wagers.
32 teams posted a perfect score in Thursday’s second round.
The top of Thursday’s halftime page depicted Historical African Americans and movie sequels. The overall average score reached 16.3 points, with 23 teams earning a perfect score. Thursday’s halftime leaderboard included these teams:
- Fake AirPods (Mark’s Pub): 92
- Washington Foreskins (Loudoun Kitchen and Bar): 92
- Power Vaccuum (Champion): 92
- Deep Fried Chuckles (Preston’s Pub): 91
- Alcoholics Unanimous (Olde Mother Brewing): 91
Thursday’s second half included the categories of The MLB Record Book, Snack Time!, Triple 50/50: Los Angeles or Cincinnati (NOT SPORTS RELATED), Last Word / First Word, Rock Bands.
Round Three’s most difficult question was on the category of Rock Bands.
- What is the numerical name of the music group that scored #1 hits on the Billboard Rock Chart with songs such as Be Like That, Loser, and When I’m Gone?
A little under 40% of our teams came to the correct answer of 3 Doors Down.
One team, John Wilkes Blows My Mind (Fourscore Beer Co.) was able to notch a perfect score in Thursday’s third round.
After discussing the children’s nursery rhyme “Mary had a Little Lamb” in our 6-4-2 question we began our final stanza of the night, where the categories were We Interrupt This Broadcast, Annual Events, 20th Century Literature, Shared Names, I’ll Take that as a Condiment.
The most difficult question of this round along with the most difficult bonus of the night was the 20th Century Literature question.
- The written work titled A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man is not a painting but instead is the first published novel by which Irish author?
2-POINT BONUS: What was this author’s FINAL published novel?
About 38% of our teams knew this author was James Joyce, but only 14% of those teams guessed the answer to the bonus which as Finnegan’s Wake.
No teams earned a perfect score in Round Four. These were your highest scoring Thursday teams heading into the final question:
- Bopped Saget (Solace Outpost): 161
- Washington Foreskins (Loudoun Kitchen and Bar): 161
- Power Vaccuum (Champion): 161
- Cat in the Chat (Loudoun Kitchen and Bar): 159
- Variants (Belly Love): 159
- Deck Chairs on the Titanic (Champion): 159
FINAL QUESTION (38.2% success rate):
- Formed nearly 30 years ago, which music group was named in reference to the location of an Orlando flea market?
A little under 40% of our teams responded correctly with the Backstreet Boys. Three teams, Bopped Saget (Solace Outpost), Washington Foreskins (Loudoun Kitchen and Bar), and Risky Quizness (Fourscore Beer Co) were able to post the Perfect 21 on Thursday night by answering every wagering question correctly. Here is Thursday’s final overall leaderboard:
- Washington Foreskins (Loudoun Kitchen and Bar): 173
- Variants (Belly Love): 171
- Cat in the Chat (Loudoun Kitchen and Bar): 171
- Risky Quizness (Fourscore Beer Co): 169
- Bopped Saget (Solace Outpost): 169
- Redneck Yacht Club (Preston’s Pub): 168
- Educated Friends (Fourscore Beer Co): 167
- What About Dave? (Mark’s Pub): 166
- Unathletico Madrid (Olde Mother Brewing): 166
- FIVE TEAMS TIED AT 165
Smoketown Brewing Station in Brunswick, MD: Horseshoes and Hand Grenades (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: 21st Century Disney Films)
Pour Dog House in Millersville, MD: Wu Tang (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: 21st Century Country Music)
Champion Billiards in Frederick, MD: Deck Chairs on the Titanic (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Las Vegas Strip Casinos)
Loudoun Kitchen and Bar in Leesburg, VA: Washington Foreskins (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Short Term 12 – Film)
Olde Mother Brewing in Frederick, MD: Unathletico Madrid (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Jon Sings the Backstreet Boys)
Belly Love Brewing in Purcellville, VA: Variants (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Cast Iron Skillet)
Solace Brewing in Sterling, VA: Semicircle of Trust (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Items Sold at Costco)
Bad Habits Bar & Grill in Martinsburg, WV: Jones Springs Hooligans (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Fresh Prince of Bel Air – TV Series)
Brewery Fire in Taneytown, MD: Five Heads, One Brain (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Yellowstone – TV Series)
Fourscore Beer Co. in Gettysburg, PA: Risky Quizness (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Taylor Swift)
Crooked Run in Sterling, VA: Danny DeVito (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Michael – Film)
Solace Outpost in Falls Church, VA: Bopped Saget (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: 1990s Music Groups)
Homaide Brewing in Williamsport, MD: Here For the Beer (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Pre-1990 American Punk Rock)
Orioles Nest #331 in Frederick, MD: Smartinis (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: 90 Day Fiance – TV Series)
Bear Brick Oven Pizza in Silver Spring, MD: Flux Capacitors (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Maryland Microbreweries)
Preston’s Pub in Manassas Park, VA: Redneck Yacht Club (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Futurama – TV Series)
Casita Romos in Mount Airy, MD: Underdogs (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Doctor Who)
Quinn’s in Arlington, VA: Donner Party Platter (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Presidential Birthdates)
Mark’s Pub in Falls Church, VA: What About Dave? (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Bodies of Water)