T is Also for Monday Trivia
Monday’s game of Pour House Trivia welcomed 85 teams across eight venues.
Monday’s opening round began with the following categories.
- Which Californian toy company manufactured and popularized toys such as the Hula Hoop, the Slip ‘n’ Slide, and Silly String? The name of this company was derived from the sound that its first product made when it hit something. For your wager, please give me the name of this company.2-POINT BONUS: What was this company’s first product, from which the company derived its name?
Around 7\55% of our teams turned in the correct response of Wham-O and only TWO of those teams picked up a bonus by knowing that product was a slingshot.
One team, Washington Redskins (Ragtime) opened their game with a perfect score of 36 points.
The most difficult question of the round came in the form of the Comedians & Their TV Shows category. 63% of our teams were able to respond correctly to this question.
- On his namesake CBS sitcom of the 1970s, which comedian played psychologist and therapist Robert Hartley?
The correct answer is legendary comedian Bob Newhart, who turns 93 years old later this year.
Six teams perfect scores in Monday’s second round.
Monday’s halftime page dealt with the topics of animals whose named began with the letter ‘C’ and matching poets to their well-known lines The average score reached 16.1 points, with nine teams earning a perfect score of 20 points. These were your highest scoring Monday teams at the halftime break:
- Hipster Fashion Consultants (DRP): 90
- Cobra Kai (DRP): 90
- Auburn Pillagers (DRP): 89
- Washington Redskins (Ragtime): 88
- FIVE TEAMS TIED AT 87
Monday’s second half began with the following categories.
The most difficult question of not only the round, but the entire night was the question on 1980s Films.
- Woody Allen won a screenwriting Oscar for which 1986 film in which the title characters were portrayed by Mia Farrow, Barbara Hershey, and Dianne Wiest?
Just under 48% of our teams knew this answer was Hannah and her Sisters.
Once again only Washington Redskins (Ragtime) managed to complete a perfect third round.
After our 6-4-2 question took us to Boston, our Round Four features these categories.
This round’s most difficult question was found in the category of Animated Inspirations.
- The executive in charge of CBS children’s programming in the late 1960s coined Scooby Doo’s name after listening to which Frank Sinatra song, in which Sinatra croons the nonsense syllables “dooby dooby doo?”
61% of our teams came up with the correct answer of “Strangers in the Night.”
Five teams posted perfect scores in Monday’s final round. These were your highest scoring Monday teams heading into the final question:
- Hipster Fashion Consultants (DRP): 162
- Washington Redskins (Ragtime): 162
- Legalized Gambling (DRP): 156
- Worst Case Ontario (DRP): 154
- Mean Girls (DRP): 154
- Reluctant Canibals (Cushwa Brewing): 154
FINAL QUESTION (54.1% success rate):
- Taliaferro was the middle name of which historical American who was the first African American to appear on a U.S. postage stamp?
A little more than half of our teams earned their wagers by knowing that your answer to this final question was Booker T. Washington. Hipster Fashion Consultants (DRP) posted the only a Perfect 21 on Monday night by answering every wagering question correctly. Here are your highest scoring teams at he close of Monday’s game:
- Hipster Fashion Consultants (DRP): 169
- Worst Case Ontario (DRP): 166
- Mean Girls (DRP): 166
- Washington Redskins (Ragtime): 165
- Eff It, I Quit (William Jeffrey’s Tavern): 165
- GriffinWhores (Ragtime): 164
- Cobra Kai (DRP): 164
- Ten Thousand Dugongs (Ragtime): 163
- Mean Girls (DRP): 163
- Rock and Roll Express (DRP): 162
Cushwa Brewing in Williamsport, MD: It Takes a Village (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Gone with the Wind – Novel)
DRP in Alexandria, VA: Hipster Fashion Consultants (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Schitt’s Creek)
Bushwaller’s in Frederick, MD: Reluctant Cannibals (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Wallpaper Designs)
Rockwell Brewery in Frederick, MD: Satchel of Richards (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: The Mandalorian – Season Two – TV SERIES)
William Jeffrey’s Tavern in Arlington, VA: Eff It, I Quit (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: African Currencies)
Mark’s Pub in Falls Church, VA: FU COVID (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: The Super Bowl)
Ragtime in Arlington, VA: Washington Redskins (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: South Park)
Il Forno Pizzeria in Frederick, MD: Run-By Fruiting (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Biology)