Show Me the Tuesday Trivia!
Tuesday’s game of Pour House Trivia welcomed 104 teams across ten venues.
Opening round topics from Tuesday night included greeting cards, phrases bearing the initials ‘B.B.’, former Apple executive Steve Jobs, and the short-lived sitcom Melissa and Joey, which starred former child actors Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence. The first round was an absolute breeze for Tuesday’s field, as 25 teams ran the table with a perfect score of 36 points.
Tuesday’s audio question asked our teams to identify the ‘DANCE’ music of Daft Punk, Genesis, and Whitney Houston. We also discussed lava, baseball award winners, and the city of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. We closed the first half with its most difficult bonus question. After most of the field earned wagering points on a question regarding the film The Witches of Eastwick, only seven teams also knew that the film was based on a novel written by John Updike. As a result, Tuesday’s second round did not yield any perfect scores.
Board games and celebrity couples were the featured topics on Tuesday’s halftime page. The overall average reached 14.3 points, with ten teams posting a perfect score. Here is Tuesday’s halftime leaderboard:
- Dynamite (Smoketown Creekside): 89
- Killer Snails (Olney Winery): 88
- We Came For the Beer (Antietam): 88
- Birds of Steel (Dudley’s): 87
- SIX TEAMS TIED WITH 86 POINTS
We opened Tuesday’s third round by asking our teams to identify either the northernmost or southernmost national capital cities. Only ten teams earned the first two bonus points of the second half by giving us both correct answers of Reykjavik (Iceland) and Wellington (New Zealand). The third stanza also looked at trapezoids, King Midas, and the two versions of the song Candle in the Wind from Elton John. The final question of the third round proved to be the most difficult wagering question of the night:
- After becoming the first pilot to fly solo around the world, who perished in the same plane crash that also killed humorist Will Rogers?
Only 19% of the field responded correctly with Wiley Post. None of our Tuesday teams swept the third round with a perfect score.
Tuesday’s final round looked at the comedy film Accepted, the derivation for the Audi logo, and the NCIS television franchise. We also included a Triple 50/50 question asking our teams to differentiate between players from the New York Jets and the Winnipeg Jets. Speaks For the Trees (Dudley’s) and Marshfellows (Solace Outpost) recorded the only perfect scores of Tuesday’s final round. After four rounds of play, these were your highest scoring Tuesday teams:
- Killer Snails (Olney Winery): 160
- Off In the Park (Solace Outpost): 157
- Wiseacres (Distilled): 156
- Dynamite (Smoketown Creekside): 154
- FOUR TEAMS TIED WITH 152 POINTS
FINAL QUESTION (35.2% success rate):
- On the American Film Institute’s list of the 100 greatest film quotes, which 1996 film garnered two entries: one credited to a male and one credited by a female, neither of whom were the film’s title character?
Just over one-third of our teams responded correctly with Jerry Maguire. The two quotes are “You had me at hello” and “Show me the money!”, the latter of which was credited solely to Cuba Gooding Jr.’s character. For the second week in a row, congratulations goes out to Killer Snails (Olney Winery), who once again earned the only Perfect 21 by answering all 21 wagering questions correctly. Here is Tuesday’s final overall leaderboard:
- Killer Snails (Olney Winery): 168
- Second to Last (Gentleman Jim’s): 164
- Woof (Solace Outpost): 163
- Wiseacres (Distilled): 163
- Prestige Worldwide (Ramparts): 160
- Quiz in My Pants (Dudley’s): 160
- Teeter Peeps (Solace Outpost): 158
- Marshfellows (Solace Outpost): 158
- Debt Ceiling Feeling (Solace Outpost): 158
- Birds of Steel (Dudley’s): 158
Upper Deck in Mount Airy, MD: Dumber Than We Look (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Candy Corn)
Olney Winery in Olney, MD: Killer Snails (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: William Shatner)
Dudley’s Sport and Ale in Arlington, VA: Quiz in My Pants (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Ghostbusters)
Ramparts Tavern & Grill in Arlington, VA: Prestige Worldwide (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Harry Potter Books)
Solace Outpost in Falls Church, VA: Woof (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Archer)
Smoketown Creekside in Frederick, MD: Dynamite (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Derek Jeter)
Distilled in Frederick, MD: Wiseacres (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Buffalo Sports)
Antietam Brewery in Hagerstown, MD: We Came For the Beer (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Stephen King Novels)
Gentleman Jim’s in Gaithersburg, MD: Second to Last (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)
Epiq Food Hall in Woodbridge, VA: Triple Doge (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Hamilton)