Man, I Feel like Weekend Trivia
Last weekend’s games of Pour House Trivia welcomed 23 teams across four venues.
Opening round topics from last weekend included Car Slogans, Musical Theatre, From Page to Screen, and Flags of the World. Six teams began their game with a perfect first round score of 36 points.
Last weekend’s audio questions featured Bob Seger’s movie music and Three-Letter Song Titles. Other second round topics included The Great Lakes, Comedy Films of the 2000s, Late-Night TV, Astronomy, and College Basketball. Four teams earned a perfect score during last weekend’s second round.
Topics from last weekend’s halftime pages included opening extinct animals and bodies of water. Across the board, the overall average reached 16.1 points, with only one team earning a perfect score. Here is last weekend’s halftime leaderboard:
- Independent Panda (Dragon Distillery): 92
- Arch Master (Dragon Distillery): 90
- Slightly Agitated (Flying Ace Farm): 89
- Quality Guesswork (Pretzel and Pizza Creations): 88
- That’s So Clavin (Pretzel and Pizza Creations): 88
- Sexual Chocolate (Flying Ace Farm): 88
Our Third Round consisted of a two difficult questions for our Friday and Saturday teams which saw less than 30% of our teams earn their wagering points.
- No experience is necessary to play this item that is technically considered to be a wind instrument. What is classified as a membranophone, a class of instruments which modifies its player’s voice through the use of a vibrating membrane?
- Romantic poets such as Wordsworth, Shelley, and Keats often utilized which form of poetry written in a regular meter such as iambic pentameter, but features lines which do NOT rhyme?
Those answers are the kazoo and blank verse.
As a result of those questions none of our regular teams earned a perfect score in Round Three.
Final round topics from last weekend included Classic Rock Albums, Cartoon Characters, Airports, The Nobel Prize, and Classic TV.
Two teams earned a perfect score in Round Four.
After four rounds of play, the weekend leaderboard included these teams:
- Independent Panda (Dragon Distillery): 172
- Arch Master (Dragon Distillery): 168
- Slightly Agitated (Flying Ace Farm): 163
- Cultured Heathens (Pretzel and Pizza Creations): 158
- That’s So Clavin (Pretzel and Pizza Creations): 157
FRIDAY’S FINAL QUESTION (14.3% success rate):
- Which tune released in 1998 holds the distinction of being the first song to top the Billboard Hot 100 chart with an ellipsis in its title?
SATURDAY FINAL QUESTION (31.3% success rate):
- About 20 years ago, which solo artist became the only person to headline both the Super Bowl halftime show and the Canadian Football League’s Grey Cup halftime show?
These respective correct answers were “…Baby One More Time” and Shania Twain. None of our teams earned a Perfect 21 by answering all 21 wagering questions correctly. Here is your final weekend leaderboard:
- Murph’s Masters (Belles’): 168
- Cultured Heathens (Pretzel and Pizza Creations): 166
- Independent Panda (Dragon Distillery): 160
- That’s So Clavin (Pretzel and Pizza Creations): 159
- Arch Master (Dragon Distillery): 156
- Quality Guesswork (Pretzel and Pizza Creations): 154
- Slightly Agitated (Flying Ace Farm): 151
- Two Broads and Dan (Belles’): 150
- No MSG (Belles’): 149
- The Crows (Dragon Distillery): 143
Springfield Manor Winery in Thurmont, MD: NO GAME THIS WEEK (NEXT GAME ON MARCH 4 – FIRST CATEGORY: Magic)
P. B. Dye Golf Course in Ijamsville, MD: NO GAME THIS WEEK (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Angevin Kings of England)
Dragon Distillery in Frederick, MD: Independent Panda (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Book of Boba Fett)
Flying Ace Farm in Lovettsville, VA: Slightly Agitated (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Ishtar)
Belles’ Sports Bar in Frederick, MD: Murph’s Masters (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Friends – TV SERIES)
Pretzel and Pizza Creations in Hagerstown, MD: Cultured Heathens (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Betty White
Mason Social in Alexandria, VA: NO GAME THIS WEEK (FIRST CATEGORY ON FEBRUARY 20: Wine Bottle Shapes)