It’s In The Way That You Use Weekend Trivia!
Last weekend’s games of Pour House Trivia welcomed 81 teams across seven venues.
Opening round topics from last weekend included the derivation of the (difficult to spell) term genealogy, best-selling car models, events from the year 2008, the Luxor casino in Las Vegas, and the music of Prince. Our Friday teams dealt with the most difficult wagering question of the first round, as only three out of 48 Friday teams knew that the first #1 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 chart for Prince was the song When Doves Cry. Southpaw Fish (Belles’) posted the only perfect first round last weekend.
The weekend audio questions featured television talk show hosts and the hip hop song Ghetto Supastar, which sampled the classic romantic duet Islands in the Stream. From there, we looked at the Meet the Parents film series, the Little League World Series, the mountain known as K2, and the NASCAR fall schedule. Our Saturday teams dealt with the the most difficult bonus question of the round, as only two out of 18 Saturday squads knew that K2 lies along the border between Pakistan and China. Foxhound Factoids (Doc Waters) earned 36 points en route to the only perfect second round last weekend.
Topics from the weekend halftime page included celebrities born in 1965, animated films featuring dragons, and nicknames of both historic figures and sports venues. Overall, ten teams earned a perfect score of 20 points, while the average score reached 15.9 points. These were your highest scoring weekend teams at the halftime break:
- Southpaw Fish (Belles’): 88
- Yeah, That’s Right (Springfield Manor): 85
- No Eye Deer (Doc Waters): 85
- Foxhound Factoids (Doc Waters): 84
- Beer Pressure (Doc Waters): 84
In their third round, the weekend teams were asked questions concerning the American painting Nighthawks by Edward Hopper, the pilot episode of Star Trek, landslide Presidential elections, the covers of the Madden NFL video game series, and pioneer Daniel Boone. Southpaw Fish (Belles’) and Better Than Texas (Doc Waters) each earned perfect third round scores last weekend.
Final round topics from last weekend included the supposed derivation of the Bon Jovi song You Give Love a Bad Name, the Frederick’s of Hollywood chain of lingerie shops, the kamikaze cocktail, the film sequel Evan Almighty, and the largest freshwater lakes in the world based on surface area (Lake Superior and Lake Victoria). None of our weekend teams earned a perfect final round score. Here is your overall weekend leaderboard after four rounds of play:
- Southpaw Fish (Belles’): 160
- Fifty Going On Twenty-Five (Springfield Manor): 155
- Ten Swiss Cheese (Dragon Distillery): 154
- Dr. Badger, DDS (Doc Waters): 153
- Court Jesters (Doc Waters): 152
FRIDAY’S FINAL QUESTION (57.4% success rate):
- Which two U.S. state capitals are located 41 miles apart, marking the closest geographic distance between any two U.S. state capitals?
SATURDAY’S FINAL QUESTION (12.5% success rate):
- What is the only film sequel directed by Martin Scorsese?
The respective correct answers for these final questions were the cities of Providence and Boston, and the film The Color of Money (the sequel to The Hustler). Congratulations to Southpaw Fish (Belles’), who earned the only Perfect 21 last weekend by answering all 21 wagering questions correctly. Here is your final weekend leaderboard:
- Dr. Badger, DDS (Doc Waters): 165
- Southpaw Fish (Belles’): 164
- Fifty Going On Twenty-Five (Springfield Manor): 161
- Musketeers (Springfield Manor): 160
- Slightly Agitated (Springfield Manor): 157
- Shamrocks (Doc Waters): 157
- Duck Fuke (Springfield Manor): 156
- Yeah, That’s Right (Springfield Manor): 156
- Better Than Texas (Doc Waters): 155
- Irish Beer Mafia (Pretzel and Pizza): 155
Springfield Manor Winery in Thurmont, MD: Fifty Going On Twenty-Five (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Dolphins)
P. B. Dye Golf Course in Ijamsville, MD: NO GAME THIS WEEK
** NEXT GAME: NOV. 5 ** (FIRST CATEGORY: 19th Century U.S. Presidents)
Dragon Distillery in Frederick, MD: Mouse Rat (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: College Football)
Doc Waters Cidery in Germantown. MD: Dr. Badger, DDS (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Nathan For You)
Belles’ Sports Bar in Frederick, MD: Southpaw Fish (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: English Premier League)
Pretzel and Pizza Creations in Hagerstown, MD: Irish Beer Mafia (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: House of Frankenstein)
Mason Social in Alexandria, VA: NO GAME THIS WEEK (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Jeopardy! Guest Hosts)