Get a Group Together and Sing for Weekend Trivia
Last weekend’s games of Pour House Trivia welcomed 34 teams across five venues.
Opening round topics from last weekend included the tv show Sister Sister, states that features capes, including Florida, North Carolina, and New Jersey. the alcoholic drink Long Island Iced Tea, the color turquoise, and the Marine Corps. Two teams began their game with a perfect first round score of 36 points.
Last weekend’s audio questions featured Saturday Night Live and David Bowie. Other second round topics included Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, the film The Purge, a three clues question about Uruguay, and the rock bands Metallica and AC/DC. None of our teams earned a perfect score during last weekend’s second round.
Topics from last weekend’s halftime pages included brand artistic works made from Legos and celebrities who have appeared on Dancing with the Stars. Across the board, the overall average reached 15.2 points, with one team earning a perfect score. Here is last weekend’s halftime leaderboard:
- Murph’s Masters (Belles’): 89
- Killer Snails (P. B. Dye Golf Course): 85
- Ah Ha (Pretzel and Pizza Creations): 84
- Desperados (Belles’): 84
- Sexual Chocolate (P. B. Dye Golf Course): 83
- DC Swampers (P. B. Dye Golf Course): 83
Our Third Round this weekend featured the topics of ammonia, a three clues one name question about Tommy, the film Looper, colleges found in California and the bar game beer pong. Five teams, all on Friday, earn a perfect score in Round Three.
Final round topics from last weekend included Etta James, St. Peter’s Square, the minor league baseball team Springfield Isotopes, and the company AT&T. Round Four also featured this difficult question on the topic of education.
- What woman introduced her revolutionary teaching method in 1907 at an institution known as the “Casa dei Bambini?”
The answer here was Maria Montessori.
None of out teams were about to finish Round Four with a perfect score.
After four rounds of play, the weekend leaderboard included these teams:
- DC Swampers (P. B. Dye Golf Course): 157
- Sexual Chocolate (P. B. Dye Golf Course): 155
- Killer Snails (P. B. Dye Golf Course): 155
- Demented and Sad but Social (Belles’): 154
- Ah Ha (Pretzel and Pizza Creations): 151
FRIDAY’S FINAL QUESTION (8.7% success rate):
- What is the name given to the official currency of Angola, a currency that can be used year-round and not just for a certain one-week period of the year?
SATURDAY FINAL QUESTION (90.9% success rate):
- A particular organization founded in 1938 was once abbreviated as the S.P.E.B.S.Q.S.A. and features singers who perform in what specific type of group?
The respective correct answers to these final questions were Kwanzaa and Barbershop Quartet. None of our weekend teams earned a Perfect 21 by answering all 21 wagering questions correctly. Here is your final weekend leaderboard:
- Demented and Sad but Social (Belles’): 163
- Murph’s Masters (Belles’): 162
- Desperados (Belles’): 161
- Cultured Heathens (Pretzel and Pizza Creations): 157
- Ah Ha (Pretzel and Pizza Creations): 153
- Killer Snails (P. B. Dye Golf Course): 150
- Bad and Boozy (Belles’): 150
- There’s a Crew in My Crevice (Flying Ace Farm): 146
- DC Swampers (P. B. Dye Golf Course): 145
- Quality Guesswork (Pretzel and Pizza Creations): 144
Springfield Manor Winery in Thurmont, MD: NO GAME THIS WEEK (NEXT GAME ON FEB. 4 – FIRST CATEGORY: Magic)
P. B. Dye Golf Course in Ijamsville, MD: Killer Snails (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: 1980s WWF)
Dragon Distillery in Frederick, MD: Ten Swiss Cheese (NO GAME NEXT WEEK – FIRST CATEGORY ON JAN. 28: 1985 Chicago Bears)
Flying Ace Farm in Lovettsville, VA: There’s a Crew in My Crevice (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Buffy the Vampire Slayer – TV Series)
Belles’ Sports Bar in Frederick, MD: Demented and Sad but Social (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Triple 50/50: Chippendales or Chip and Dale?)
Pretzel and Pizza Creations in Hagerstown, MD: Cultured Heathens (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Rock and Roll History)
Mason Social in Alexandria, VA: NO GAME THIS WEEK (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY:Taylor Swift)