Freedom and Unity at Wednesday Trivia
Wednesday’s game of Pour House Trivia welcomed 93 teams across eleven venues, including opening night at Moe’s Peyton Place.
Wednesday’s opening round featured the following categories, Name that Singer, Wintry Films, It’s All in Good Fun, Dog Breeds. The most difficult question in the round was on the category of Dog Breeds.
- Measuring between 20 and 25 pounds as an adult, which dog breed takes its name from a Middle French word translated as ‘loudmouth’?
47% of our teams were able to connect the dots here to find the answer of beagle.
While this round had a very high success rate with our field, only one team Virtual Cigar (Hops N Shine) took advantage of the tough bonuses and ended the first round with a perfect score of 36 points.
Our Second Round categories on Wednesday were Current TV Theme Songs (AUDIO), Modern Medicine, NHL Statistics, Sweet Treats, U.S. State Capitals.
While the majority of our teams earned some high scores in Round Two the most difficult question in the round was actually our audio clue. Only 57% of our teams recognized the theme they were listening to was from the HBO hit show Succession.
Despite some strong scores in Round Two no teams earned a perfect 36 points to close out a perfect second round.
Wednesday’s halftime page featured brand name logos and authors & their works. The average score reached 13.7 points, while zero teams earned a perfect 20 on their halftime score. These were your highest scoring teams at Wednesday’s halftime break:
- Stink Floyd (Belles’): 85
- Virtual Cigar (Hops N Shine): 84
- I Don’t Know (T. J. Stone’s): 84
- Phantom Thieves (TGI Fridays): 83
- Cash Money Hoes (Sully’s): 81
Wednesday’s third stanza featured the categories of College Basketball Teams, One for the French Winos, Three Clues / One Actor, The Human Body, Musical Instruments.
Round Three’s most difficult question was on the topic of College Basketball Teams.
- After seven straight NCAA championships, UCLA lost in the 1974 national semifinals to which ACC school coached by Norm Sloan, who would go on to win their first national title that year?
Only 38% of our teams gave us the correct answer of North Carolina State.
After wishing for Spring for the 6-4-2 question we began Round Four. Final round topics from Wednesday night included
The most difficult question was found in the category of Web Comics.
- What web cartoon series launched in the year 2000 features characters named ‘The Cheat,’ ‘Coach Z,’ ‘Bubs,’ and ‘Strong Bad’?
35% of our teams found their way to the correct answer of Homestar Runner.
Sexual Chocolate (Memories Charcoal House) posted the only perfect score of Wednesday’s final round. After four rounds of play, these teams topped the overall leaderboard:
- Stink Floyd (Belles’): 156
- Sexual Chocolate (Memories Charcoal House): 154
- Virtual Cigar (Hops N Shine): 150
- Titanic was an Inside Job (Hops N Shine): 149
- I Don’t Know (T. J. Stone’s): 146
FINAL QUESTION (72% success rate):
- What is the only state east of the Mississippi River that DOES NOT border the Atlantic Ocean or a Great Lake but DOES border Canada?
In one of our easiest finals in recent memory almost 3/4 of our teams responded correctly with the correct answer of Vermont. None of our teams posted a Perfect 21 by answering every wagering question correctly. Wednesday’s final leaderboard included these teams:
- Virtual Cigar (Hops N Shine): 162
- Titanic was an Inside Job (Hops N Shine): 161
- Stink Floyd (Belles’): 161
- Sexual Chocolate (Memories Charcoal House): 159
- Pterodactyl (Memories Charcoal House): 158
- What the Fork (TGI Fridays): 154
- I Don’t Know (T. J. Stone’s): 152
- Cheddar Biscuits (Mark’s Pub): 152
- Einstein’s of Beer (Memories Charcoal House): 152
- Archived(GearHouse Brewing): 151
Moe’s Peyton Place in Springfield, VA: Captain Don (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Stevie Ray Vaughn)
Falling Branch Brewery in Street, MD: Lemonheads (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Dentistry)
Belles’ Sports Bar in Frederick, MD: Stink Floyd (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Tom Hanks Films)
Memories Charcoal House in Mount Airy, MD: Sexual Chocolate (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Musicals by Song)
TGI Fridays in Hagerstown, MD: What the Fork (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Field of Dreams)
Idiom Brewing in Frederick, MD: Stinkfist (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Vermont)
Axes and O’s in Sterling, VA: Legend of Taylor Heinecke (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Madonna Songs)
Hops N Shine in Alexandria, VA: Virtual Cigar (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Military Customs)
Sully’s Pour House in Herndon, VA: Woo Woo Shots (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Twilight – Book Series)
T. J. Stone’s in Alexandria, VA: I Don’t Know (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Peloponnesian War)
Mark’s Pub in Falls Church, VA: Cheddar Biscuits (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Andrew Lloyd Webber Musicals)