Fine, Mother Nature, do your worst. You can’t stop us from a night of Pour House pub trivia! Read on for more!
There might have been snow. There might have been ice. But none of it could stop Monday Night Pour House pub trivia!
We learned some important information:
- Spelling with Roman Numerals! C, D, I, L, M, V, and X provide a surprisingly wide range of words.
- If you’re a famous author, like Lewis Carroll, you can sell pretty much anything with your name on it.
- J.K. Rowling’s secret identity is Robert Gailbraith…who sounds a little like a Harry Potter character to me. What do you think?
Read on for a full recap!
Nobody gonna break’a my stride, no snow is going to hold me down… We had 16 teams diverge on DRP in Alexandria for one wild game of PHT!
Octopocalypse nailed the final, and maneuvered themselves into first for the second week in a row, great job!
The NoLo Contenders wagered smartly as always, and shored up second, while Del Ray Dummies acquired thirrd with their team at full strength.
Join me next week for our first category, MLB Hall of Famers.
As we have for the past few weeks, we’re adding new faces to the roster every week at The Greene Turtle!
So glad to see new faces joining up with us so frequently.
My favorite wrong answers of the night:
- Engelbert Humperdinck as the TV Icon – It’s not even in the right genre, but how often do you get to say Engelbert Humperdinck? Try it. It’s a delight.
- The always popular “tip of the tongue” type answer, where you can ONLY remember the actor or actresses big role – instead of Sigourney Weaver, “The Alien Actress.” Correct…but not quite right!
The closest game we’ve had in a long while at Greene Turtle – we needed a DOUBLE TIEBREAKER to come up with a winner!
A quick hat tip to our fourth place team, 1 Lonely Wiseacre, who missed out on the money by a single point as a single player.
Third place went to The Knights.
Second place after the double tiebreaker went to the Inebriati!
And our winners, thanks to a couple of great tiebreaking guesses, Hooligans!
They chose the Chelsea Football Club for next week, so study up!