Alphabetically Speaking Thursday Trivia was a Blast!
Thursday’s game of Pour House Trivia welcomed 164 teams across 18 venues.
Opening round topics from Thursday night included the following categories, 10 Letter Words, A Candy-gory, Somebody Call a Doctor?, Comedy Films.
The first round of questions was no match for our stellar teams as we saw a very high percentage of correct answers.
Fifteen Thursday teams began their game with a perfect first round score of 36 points.
Thursday’s Second Round included the following categories, A Word in Common (AUDIO), School Supplies, 21st Century TV, Around the Globe, College Basketball.
The most difficult category out of these was Around the Globe, which was also the most difficult question of the night.
- Which line of latitude runs around the globe at approximately 66 degrees, 34 minutes south latitude?
Only about 28% of our teams picked up points by knowing this location was the Antarctic Circle.
Two teams, both at the same venue, Horse Tornado and Masks? We’re Not Even Wearing Pants (Solace Brewing), posted a perfect score in Thursday’s second round.
The top of Thursday’s halftime page depicted altered business logos while the bottom half focused on stately song titles. The overall average score reached only 15.3 points, with eleven teams earning a perfect score. Thursday’s halftime leaderboard included these teams:
- Alcoholics Unanimous (Olde Mother Brewing): 90
- Masks? We’re Not Even Wearing Pants (Solace Brewing): 90
- Yolo Swaggins (Crooked Run): 89
- Wu Tang (Pour Dog House): 88
- Alcoholics Unanimous (Olde Mother Brewing): 88
- Smarter than a Second Grader (Homaide Brewing): 88
- Washington Foreskins (Loudoun Kitchen and Bar): 88
Thursday’s second half included the categories of 20th Century U.S. History, Name that Dinosaur, Baseball Awards, Broadway Musicals, Three Clues / One Fictional Character.
Round Three’s most difficult question was on the category of Dinosaurs..
Because of a unique anatomical feature, which species of dinosaur has a name that means ‘roof lizard’ or ‘covered lizard’?
A total of 48% of our teams came to the correct answer of Stegosaurus.
Five teams were able to notch a perfect score in Thursday’s third round.
After discussing the number 9 in our 6-4-2 question we began our final stanza of the night, where the categories were Philosophers, The McDonald’s Menu, Films of the 1990s, Types of Architecture, U.S. Landmarks.
The most difficult question of this round along with the most difficult bonus of the night was the 1990s Films question.
- Which 1997 film is not about an amusement park for police officers, but instead is an intense drama starring Sylvester Stallone, Robert De Niro, and Harvey Keitel?2-POINT BONUS: Which female singer, and lead vocalist for a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, makes a cameo appearance in this film as a bartender named Delores?
About 55% of our teams knew this film was Cop Land, but only 14 of those teams guessed the answer to the bonus was the lead singer of Blondie, Deborah (Debbie) Harry.
Six teams earned a perfect score in Round Four. These were your highest scoring Thursday teams heading into the final question:
- Uncontrollable Urge (Mark’s Pub): 161
- Alcoholics Unanimous (Olde Mother Brewing): 161
- Yolo Swaggins (Crooked Run): 161
- Mack Attack (Belly Love): 159
- Smarter than a Second Grader (Homaide Brewing): 158
FINAL QUESTION (55.1% success rate):
- When listed in alphabetical order, the letters of which 12-letter word are as follows: A, A, A, B, C, E, H, I, L, L, P, T?
We tired to trick our teams with this final, but over half of our teams responded correctly with the word alphabetical.. Seven teams were able to post the Perfect 21 on Thursday night by answering every wagering question correctly. Here is Thursday’s final overall leaderboard:
- Alcoholics Unanimous (Olde Mother Brewing): 171
- Yolo Swaggins (Crooked Run): 170
- Washington Foreskins (Loudoun Kitchen and Bar): 169
- Cat in the Chat (Loudoun Kitchen and Bar): 168
- Scotty Doesn’t Know (Solace Brewing): 167
- Deck Chairs on the Titanic (Champion): 167
- Masks? We’re Not Even Wearing Pants (Solace Brewing): 166
- Going for Bronze (Olde Mother Brewing): 165
- Corn in the USA (Olde Mother Brewing): 161
- Uncontrollable Urge (Mark’s Pub): 161
- Semi-Circle of Trust (Solace Brewing): 161
- Bazinga (Champion): 161
Smoketown Brewing Station in Brunswick, MD: We Drink and We Know Things (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: 1990s Grunge Bands)
Pour Dog House in Millersville, MD: Wu Tang (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Hercules – Disney Film)
Champion Billiards in Frederick, MD: Deck Chairs on the Titanic (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Coach Mike Krzyzewski)
Loudoun Kitchen and Bar in Leesburg, VA: Washington Foreskins (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: 2022 Oscar Nominations)
Olde Mother Brewing in Frederick, MD: Alcoholic Unanimous (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: 30 Rock – TV Series)
Belly Love Brewing in Purcellville, VA: Mack Attack (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Animal House – Film)
Solace Brewing in Sterling, VA: Scotty Doesn’t Know (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Triple 50/50: Hall or Oates?)
Bad Habits Bar & Grill in Martinsburg, WV: Jones Springs Hooligans (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Victorious – TV Series)
Brewery Fire in Taneytown, MD: NO GAME THIS WEEK (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Summer Olympic Host Cities)
Fourscore Beer Co. in Gettysburg, PA: Risky Quizzes (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Mental Health Disorders)
Crooked Run in Sterling, VA: Yolo Swaggins (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: 2Gether – Parody Band)
Solace Outpost in Falls Church, VA: Baby in a Bar (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Winter Olympics)
Homaide Brewing in Williamsport, MD: Here For the Beer (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: The Big Bang Theory – TV Series)
Orioles Nest #331 in Frederick, MD: Just Good Enough (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Kingsmen: The Golden Circle)
Bear Brick Oven Pizza in Silver Spring, MD: Flux Capacitors (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: U.S. Ski Resorts)
Preston’s Pub in Manassas Park, VA: Go Home (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Helicopters)
Casita Romos in Mount Airy, MD: Slightly Agitated (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Blue’s Clues – TV Series)
Mark’s Pub in Falls Church, VA: What About Dave? (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: World War II Battles)