Aloha from Weekend Trivia
GAME OF Last weekend’s games of Pour House Trivia welcomed 44 teams across six venues.
Opening round topics from last weekend included the sinking of the Titanic, the thorax,, the celebrity couple Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck, You-Hoo, and the Japan. Six teams, all on Friday, began their game with a perfect first round score of 36 points.
Last weekend’s audio questions featured Nicole Kidman films and Super Bowl Broadcasters. Other second round topics included Jolly Ranchers, the color auburn, Voldemort, and the upcoming Disney Plus series Obi-Wan Kenobi. No teams earned a perfect score during last weekend’s second round.
Topics from last weekend’s halftime pages included opening title film sequences and board games. Across the board, the overall average reached 16.5 points, with three Saturday teams earning a perfect score. Here is last weekend’s halftime leaderboard:
- Cultured Heathens (Pretzel and Pizza Creations): 86
- Lone Strangers (Mason Social): 85
- Beer Pressure (P. B. Dye): 85
- Legalized Gambling (Mason Social): 83
- Jar Jar Thinks (Pretzel and Pizza Creations): 83
Our Third Round consisted of a trio of difficult questions for our Friday teams which saw only 35% of our teams earn their wagering points.
- Borrowing its name from a passage written by Ayn Rand, which music group topped the Billboard Mainstream Rock Chart seven times during the 1990s, often with one-word titles such as “Shine”, “Heavy”, and “December?
- Along with onions and potatoes, which type of meat is TYPICALLY used in the recipe for traditional Irish stew?
- Published in 1990, “The Eye of the World” is the first title in which fantasy book series originally written by Robert Jordan which was adapted into a streaming television series in 2021?
Those answers are Collective Soul, Lamb, and The Wheel of Time.
As a result of those questions none of our teams earned a perfect score in Round Three.
Final round topics from last weekend included the composers Shakespearean adaptations, the country of Norway, The Treaty of Paris, The Cars, and Tabasco Hot Sauce .
Three teams earned a perfect score in Round Four.
After four rounds of play, the weekend leaderboard included these teams:
- Legalized Gambling (Mason Social): 154
- Little Brains, Big Egos (Belles’): 151
- Sexual Chocolate (P. B. Dye): 150
- Pointless (Belles’): 149
- Nerd Birds (Pretzel and Pizza Creation): 147
FRIDAY’S FINAL QUESTION (56% success rate):
- Which language uses an alphabet of 13 letters: five vowels and eight consonants. One of these consonants, called the okina, is represented by an apostrophe instead of a letter?
SATURDAY FINAL QUESTION (26.3% success rate):
- Excluding honorary degrees, who is the only U.S. President to have earned degrees from BOTH Harvard and Yale?
These respective correct answers were Hawaiian and George W. Bush. None of our teams earned a Perfect 21 by answering all 21 wagering questions correctly. Here is your final weekend leaderboard:
- Little Brains, Big Egos (Belles’): 163
- Sexual Chocolate (P. B. Dye): 162
- Beer Pressure (P. B. Dye): 157
- Killer Snails (P. B. Dye): 156
- Turd Ferguson (Belles’): 152
- Jar Jar Thinks (Pretzel and Pizza Creation): 151
- Pointless (Belles’): 144
- Slightly Agitated (P. B. Dye): 144
- Kitten Mittens (Dragon Distillery): 142
- Legalized Gambling (Mason Social): 142
Springfield Manor Winery in Thurmont, MD: NO GAME THIS WEEK (NEXT GAME ON MARCH 4 – FIRST CATEGORY: Magic)
P. B. Dye Golf Course in Ijamsville, MD: Sexual Chocolate (NO GAME NEXT WEEK – FIRST CATEGORY ON FEB. 18: Angevin Kings of England)
Dragon Distillery in Frederick, MD: Kitten Mittens (GAME OF THRONES THEME GAME NEXT WEEK! FIRST CATEGORY ON FEB. 18: Book of Boba Fett)
Flying Ace Farm in Lovettsville, VA: 2018 Oh No (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Hair Bands)
Belles’ Sports Bar in Frederick, MD: Little Brains, Big Egos (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: Winter Olympics)
Pretzel and Pizza Creations in Hagerstown, MD: Jar Jar Thinks (NEXT WEEK’S FIRST CATEGORY: 2000s Pop Music – AUDIO CLUE)
Mason Social in Alexandria, VA: Legalized Gambling (NO GAME NEXT WEEK – FIRST CATEGORY ON FEBRUARY 20: Wine Bottle Shapes)